A Lighter Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles



I bought a mandolin years ago, and after one use, kicked it to the garage.  I just knew my fingers would be shredded!

Then, I moved on ~ to the spiralizer train ~ owning one of the best kitchen gadgets I’ve come across in a while, the Spirooli!  



It cuts, slices, shreds, or spirals the veggies and fruit in no time at all ~ making it the perfect tool for all the great summer veggies, and this delicious shrimp scampi dish.
Some of the best recipes are handed from friend to friend, and that’s how I learned of this recipe.  It’s a light version of shrimp scampi, with zucchini substituting for the pasta.  I spiraled the zucchini into lasagna noodle sized ribbons, instead of spaghetti sized.  Adjust the garlic and red pepper flakes to your liking.  

Not a "colorful pic," but it makes up for it in deliciousness!

This is easy, packed with delicious good flavors, and it’s fun to make using a spiralizer!  In another words, the Spirooli and this recipe are keepers!


Light Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles

Ingredients:

1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
¼ cup white wine, or fish or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 zucchini, cut into thin noodle-like strips
Parmesan cheese, for garnish

Method: 

Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 minute.
Place shrimp in the pan, season with salt and pepper; cook until pink, about 3 minutes.
Transfer shrimp to a bowl using a slotted spoon, keep warm.
Increase liquid remaining in pan to medium heat.
Add wine and lemon juice, cook for 2 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
Return shrimp to skillet, toss to combine and heat through.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with Parmesan sprinkled over top.
2-4 servings  

ENJOY!


Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed here about the product represent my own, just my opinions, no more, no less.




Comments